Return Your Honda Lease
We will guide you through the process, even if you did not lease your vehicle from us!
Schedule a Lease-end Consultation
Contact our team to get started with your lease-end,
we’d be delighted to assist you through the process.
Lease or Purchase a New Honda
Take advantage of current offers by returning your
leased Honda, and purchasing or leasing a new one.
Purchase Your Current Leased Vehicle
If you love your leased Honda and would like to purchase it,
our sales associates will help you through the process!
Return Your Leased Vehicle
We will assist with scheduling your lease return and our
associates will answer any questions you may have.
Tips for Returning Your Leased Honda
Before Your Lease Return
Complete the following steps prior to your arrival:
• Examine your vehicle for possible excessive wear and use, make any necessary repairs
• Contact our team to schedule your lease return
• Ensure all contracted payments and fees are paid to the lender
Prepping for Your Lease Return
Please bring the following to your inspection and lease-return:
• Toolkit and spare tire, if applicable
• All sets of remotes and keys (including valet key, if applicable)
• Owner’s Manual(s)
• Any original equipment to your vehicle (radio, headrests, 3rd row seat, tonneau/cargo cover, etc.)
• Lease account information
After Your Vehicle is Returned
Complete these steps to finalize your lease return:
• Check your mail for a Lease End Invoice from the lender detailing any remaining payments, fees, and other miscellaneous charges
• Ensure any automatic payments to the lender have been cancelled
Returning a Leased Car at First Texas Honda
While it may seem overwhelming, returning a leased car is a straightforward process whether you are returning your leased car early on early. Learn the details about how returning a leased car works with the finance center at First Texas Honda. We will go over your end-of-lease options. Visit our dealership near Round Rock for all of your car-buying and car-leasing needs.
Items to Bring When Returning a Leased Car
There are certain items that you’ll want to be sure to bring with you to help the lease return process go as smoothly as possible. Here are the items you’ll need to bring with you to return your leased vehicle to our dealership near San Marcos:
- Vehicle inspection report
- Repair receipts
- Keys/spare keys
- Owner’s manual
- Maintenance records
If you forget or can’t find any of these items, do not worry, we should be able to look up most of these items for you. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any questions regarding what you want to bring in for returning a leased car.
Steps for Returning a Leased Car
Although it may feel daunting to return a leased vehicle, it’s actually as simple as dropping it off at our dealership. It’s also important to keep in mind that you can still return a leased car here at First Texas Honda even if you leased your vehicle from another dealership in the Cedar Park area. Below are the steps for the lease return process:
- Bring your vehicle to our dealership.
- An inspection by one of our specialists to look for vehicle damage, overall quality, and other important factors.
- Assess any extra miles on the odometer that exceed the restrictions or any wear and tear are subject to penalty fees.
- After the inspection process of your vehicle is complete, you can upgrade to a newer model for a new lease, buy out your current leased vehicle, or walk away and go for any of our new or used vehicles.
Can you return a leased car early?
Can you return a leased car early? Most companies will allow returning a leased car early, but you’ll need to check with your specific leasing company to verify. If they allow you to return your leased car early, you will likely be responsible for paying off the owed amount, including any fees which may include penalty, mileage, or wear and tear fees.
Contact our finance team if you have any other questions that we can answer for you. And then stop in to drop off your lease return at our dealership in Austin.
Schedule Your Lease Return at First Texas Honda
Returning a leased car early or on time is easy and we can have you in and out of the dealership quickly when you return your lease at First Texas Honda. Contact us for more information.